Day 6: Thursday, 22 May 2008



19 Cookies bagged and placed on kiosk at 9am. A quick replacement $ jar was made out of a disposable plastic container, and 75 cents bait money put inside.
A worker from the construction site across the street walked over with change in hand before the sign was even hung. He was in no mood to chat, only, dropped his 50 cents, grabbed two cookies, and walked back to his site.
Upon retrieval of kiosk at approximately 6pm, all cookies gone, and $2.25 remained in the $ container. It was deduced that money is being taken at some point during the day, and then partially filled again. Children passing by while gallery cage was rising were entranced and were allowed briefly to enter inside window, completely delighted.
Preparations for Friday's vegan chocolate chip were made: sign sanded and repainted to read "chocolate chip (vegan)", batter made, chilled,cooked, and cookies were bagged. New, larger, bags were used, and the web address was written on the back for patrons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! I really enjoyed your vegan Chocolate chip cookies. I bought five. I was buying some tofu at the factory at 640 Dean St., when I stumbled upon your exhibit. I'm a vegan so I just couldn't belief this what I was seeing! I hope you do this again! Can't wait to see your final results.

tamalcat@hotmail.com